EXCOMUNICATED

What are we afraid of?
As I wrote in one of my poems poetry is an orphic language, it is full of symbolism and metaphors and it says more than what is written, the time can go away but the message remains forever. One should not think about the poet but rather about what he tries to say. Poetry is the amen of the Eucharist, poetry is a viceroy of truth. There are some poems which should not be taken literally because it needs to be understood in another level otherwise we fall down in fundamentalism, reductionism and imperialism. Poetry is another language of expressing ideas, sentiments, experiences and perceptions about a concrete reality with space and time.
We were preparing an activity with a fervent spirit, the program has already been prepared carefully nevertheless there was an opportunity for including other presentations, obviously singing was there present but a man with an enthusiastic spirit had the magniloquent idea to ask me to read one of my poems. It is more pleasant when I am asked to do something; it is more convincing and plausible. I accepted to do it because it is written with golden letters in my heart. Immediately after our meeting was finished I began looking for a poem especially for that occasion, (some important people were visiting us). I light came in my heart to tell me I have to choose a poem about life, so I read very fast all my poems and I found one which has as a title orgasm, it is a wonderful poem, I am very convinced if you would read it you will end up sobbing or probably shouting because God speaks the same.
Before reading my poem I had to give it to the responsible of the activity, the person who asked me to read my poem, to check it, to be sure if it is not a blasphemy, sometimes we have to do what others like not what we like. We think we know what is good for others. So I gave my poem to him, but he was not sure, he was losing his equilibrium as Pilate in front of Jesus when he did not know what to say he asked him: what is the truth? The truth was in front of him. This man gave my poem to his brothers to read it probably to meditate it, to scrutinize it. I was waiting anxiously for his answer and I got it. In the yard of our house he told me skeptically, the brothers do not like your poem, it is too erotic, it is about sexual things, they do not think this is a good idea. I laughed at it and of course I was saying many things inside of myself. Most of the time when there is something absurd I get angry and I do not want to do it again, fortunately it did not happen that time, with a calm voice I told him: well I will look for another one, he said ok. Afterwards he took me to his office to give me back my poem, simultaneously he told me, the brothers have written a comment on it, read it, I said: I will. I was going to my room but I read it just on the stairs, I got angry, I came into my room, I tore it down and I threw it into the rubbish bin. This was the comment: “sexual language is forbidden in religious life, it goes against the teaching of the church because it is outside marriage”
I was perplexed, consternated because I consider that comment as a complete absurdity, it is dehumanizing, and it is about amorphous beings, it is unreal. Fortunately I did not get dehydration.
Then I laugh at it with my capacious mouth but I know there are still some people who can not cope with the truth, neither with the reality. One says the truth and he is immediately excommunicated but of course they do not realize they excommunicate life from our lives.
This poem is particularly full of metaphor and symbolism the title in itself is a metaphor but it is about life. We are very use to remain with what is visible. I personally think we should go beyond to discover the unknown, the invisible, it is more difficult but more significative.
You will get my poem next time.

Roli Marin Tapia (Phoenix)

Comments