A TWINGE OF CONSCIENCE

WHERE DO YOU GO?

The day was promising with a clear sky, a cosy atmosphere, with an attractive and pleasant temperature; the sun was shining, letting us contemplate how the clouds disappeared sadly and powerless.

It was a splendid afternoon when I decided to go for a walk because my basic instincts told me I need to move; so I went to my room, I put on a blue jacket to combine it with my blue jeans, then I went as I a pilgrim looking for the lucient star in that small but kind universe.

I took the way I used to take, it is a friendly road, but I have discovered sometimes she is angry with me.

I was walking a little bit perplexed, pensive, immersed in the immensity of my adventure, I was walking like a man who has everything but nothing at the same time, sometimes reciting some verses of the Orphic language God gave me. I was very close to the high way; the sound of the big tracks stupefied my buoyant ears. I decided to take another way to make my walk longer because my senses were encapsulated by the magniloquence of such an absorbing day, suddenly a man driving a motorcycle crossed in front of my, I was surprised, so I looked at him, he made a sign with one of his hands as saying: I am just checking! I smiled at him idly and I continued my small but fertile journey. I looked in front of me and I realized I was quite far from Kruibeke, so I decided without a shadow of doubt to come back through the same way. While I was walking I heard the disgusting sound of a car, it was a blue car and the man I spoke about was getting out from that car, he was wearing green boots, blue trousers and a wait t-shirt with blue lines, so I could induce that man was working, but I did not pay attention to it, suddenly the man spoke to me, I suspect he said something in Dutch because my intuition helped me to understand a little, he said: papiers (papers), I turned back immediately and I told him: excuse me!; the man replied quite serious: where do you live? I though nowhere, but I told him politely in the castle over there. He said: ahh! You are a priest! Well; it is something similar; I am a religious, I said to him, trying to show him I was not afraid. Where are you from? He asked me. As a human being I am from the world; as Roli I am from Peru, that was my first thought, but I told him kindly: I am from Peru. What are you doing here? The man asked again. Well, I am studying, I replied. I came here just for a walk. He turned back and went away because there are not questions when the truth shines forth. His voice helped me realized he was quite angry.

Why are we so suspicious? Do not we trust in human beings any more? What are we afraid of? Do we see ourselves in others?

I went back to the castle, I took off my jacket, I turned on the electric cattle, and I sat in an adjustable chair in order to have a cup of coffee.

The dynamism of an adventure makes one discover new things as for example our lives have ups and downs and sometimes we depict ourselves by projecting in others our sadistic complexes, nevertheless the most fortunate thing is we can still talk between human beings, probably it does not seem productive; but at least it tells me someone is interested in me, so I am no longer a foreigner, I belong to the world where people help me to bring out insatiable questions which give birth to other questions. Nothing in life happens by coincidence. The answer is in a middle point between two people. I would like to go back to that place to discover the answer by asking different questions, I would not ask: where do you live? But rather: why do you live? I would not ask: what are you doing? But rather: why are you doing what you are doing? I would not ask: where do you come from? But rather: where do you go?

Human History is made of concrete events.

Comments